Search This Blog

Videos

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Welcome to Garage Door Pro

I've been involved in the garage door business for quite some time now and it amazes me how much there is to know about garage doors and how little homeowners actually know about it.

Before I got into the business, I thought all doors were created equal. WOW! Was I wrong. Not only are there so many unique attributes to garage doors, but there is a wealth of knowledge to learn about efficiency, safety, style and quality.

I remember when I bought my first home. It was a bit aged - built in the mid 60's. Naturally I was excited, nervous and inexperienced to know exactly what to ask about certain parts of the house. One thing that stood out when I first saw the home was the garage door. Weathered and beat to crap! Cracks in the wood and framing, broken seals, rusted springs - you name it and this door suffered from it. I looked at my car and said, "Hey Buddy. That's your room!"

To me, a garage door was nothing more than a door that opened and closed when you didn't want your car to get dirty or covered in snow. And even as that 300 pound door opened, I never really considered it an integral part of the house. At least not until the first winter we spent there.

Needless to say, the flaws in that door had my house feeling like an ice rink! What made matters worse was that the master bedroom and my kids' room were directly above the garage. No matter how hard we pumped the heat, we froze. The kids were sick every other day and my energy and oil bills were going through the roof. In all that anguish, I could hear my car saying, "Hey Buddy. How's your room?"

I learned a hard lesson that winter and the only way to combat it was to learn as much as I could about garage doors. I learned so much that I eventually got into the business and now I try to help families avoid the physical and financial pains that I endured.

I'd like to share that knowledge and help homeowners get the most out of the largest moving part of their home. I hope you take advantage of this open door policy to live more comfortably and even educate your friends and neighbors on some of the tips an tricks of the trade!

3 comments:

  1. If you are a real do-it-yourselfer doing a garage door opener installation shouldn't be too difficult. Though there are some garage door repairs that are best left to professionals.

    Roll Up Gate Repairs Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed the information lot. Thanks for sharing this information!
    Roll up Garage Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.Sidney Emergency Garage Door Repair The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time

    ReplyDelete