Search This Blog

Videos

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pimp My BLOG!!!

I guess writing has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid...That and SMOKIN' HOT super models. You can attest that to my first glimpse of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition and A LOT of late night pay cable. Does anyone remember the type of movies Cinemax aired in the middle of the night back in the early 80's? I guess that's why we called it "Skin-emax" at school.

So, what does one thing have to do with the other? Well, it pretty much brings me to this here blog and the digital cyber-age. A world of knowledge right at your finger tips with only a few keystrokes. If I wanted to know the name of The Wonder Twins' pet monkey on the old school Justice League, all I have to do is type my query, and SHAZAM, a couple of hundred websites telling me his name was Gleek. Not only that, but now the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editions have been replaced by websites that I can't list on this blog and can be hidden from my wife with a quick click of the mouse! Gotta love technology! And to think,I thought it had one time peaked with microwave popcorn!

So getting back to my blogs- I've grown with my hobby of writing and looked for places online where I can share my gift of gab. I find THIS website and figure it's a no-brainer. But after writing and posting, I notice that my blog doesn't have the visual flair that other blogs I've seen have. My blog is more like BLAH. I don't like BLAH. Never have. Never will. What do I need to do to make my blog look like those smokin' hot super models?

Does this mean that I have to start learning how to build websites? I really don't have the time or patience for that. but at the same time, I can't have this blog looking like Ugly Betty...or worse. After all, I have a rep to uphold. I can't be seen with "bucket of yuck". This site represents who I am, and if it's going to be hitched to my name, it's gotta look good. now I'm not a shallow man - but seriously, if you had the pick of the litter, would you pick the one that looked like it belonged in litter?


Where do I start? What are my options? How can I get the Jenny Jones makeover for this ugly duckling? I guess this means that I'm going to have to put on my surgeon gloves and find ways to cosmetically enhance this website. I guess if that's the way the super models are doing it, then why can't my blog? Sure my writing is the "personality" of this site and beauty is only skin deep. But what's the success rate of a funny ugly guy?...EXACTLY! Time to start turning some heads with this blog. It's like Al Pacino said in Devil's Advocate, "Vanity is my favorite sin".

No comments:

Post a Comment